“There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.” - Napoleon Hill
Are you the sort of person that puts everything before taking care of yourself? Do you say you are going to do something and then half-way through just give up? Are you too tired? Don’t have time?
Those are all excuses for why you aren’t taking care of yourself. If you have kids there is a reason why when you are flying they tell you to put the oxygen mask on yourself first -if you can’t breath how do you expect to save your child?
If you are unhealthy, overweight or just don’t care anymore, you will not be able to be 100% effective for your kids or for yourself. The same holds true for me. After my son was born, he’s 3 now, I tried motivating myself and I worked out a little bit, but it wasn’t enough. I was a stay at home mom and he was my first, so I slept with him all the time. I ate whatever I wanted, why? My excuse was because I was breastfeeding and I needed the extra calories. Bah humbug! French Fries from Burger King were not the extra calories I needed.
After I had my second child, I knew I needed to take care of me. I made excuses, I have 2 under 3, I don’t have time, I’m so tired, how can I? I have two kids! Something clicked and I realized I had to take care of me in order for me to take care of my children.
How Can I Get Started With Weight Loss?
Some things I have learned along the way is that I need to focus on:
- Put yourself first, even if its just taking 5 minutes to regroup and get your mind right then take that time, it will only benefit you in the long run
- Sleep – adults need at least 7 hours of sleep to function. Please click here if you would like to learn about how you can get 4 hours of sleep in 15 minutes – simply amazing.
- Focus on exercise and feeling better. I made the mistake of weighing myself every day and obsessing if I didn’t lose weight. Chad asked me, “How do you feel when you are taking the shakes?” I have more energy and I feel more refreshed and that is what matters.
- Start small – If you haven’t done any sort of exercise or healthy eating in a while. Start with one meal a day and start with 20 minutes of exercise a day. You don’t want to push yourself so much that you get burnt out and you want to quit right away.
- Ask for help – I have realized that I cannot do this on my own. I’m not super woman and I know that I need help, so the kids go to daycare 3 days a week for 5-6 hours each day to get interaction and to give me time to be me. If you can’t afford that, swap babysitting with a friend, hire a teenager to come over after school or on weekends a couple hours, or ask your boyfriend/husband for help. I have found that when I have wanted something bad enough I stopped with excuses.
Those are just a few things to focus on if you want to start taking better care of yourself.
Remember that you come first and that the well-being of you will affect how you react and treat your friends, family and whoever else is in your life.
If you are interested in something that will give you all the vitamins and nutrients you need, the ViSalus shakes are for you and will jump start your putting yourself first and taking care of yourself journey. If you would like a sample of the shake, please go to my Request a Sample page and fill out the form, I know that you will love these shakes that taste like cake.