So this is the first time I’m making this. It’s currently still in the slow cooker and when I’m done I will add the delicious after picture. This is a slow cooker whole chicken recipe and I’m excited to see how it will turn out. It has some really flavorful spices for the chicken. Let’s get right to it.
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Recipe
- 2 teaspoons salt (I used sea salt)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black better
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 cup chopped onions
Instead of using onion powder because we didn’t have any I used a 1/2 teaspoon of minced onions and while the chicken was cooking, I just took some of the onions under it and put it on the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine the spices
- Remove any giblets from chicken and clean it
- Rub spice mixture onto the chicken
- Put chopped onions at the bottom of the crock pot
- Add chicken – you will not need liquid because the chicken will make its own juices
- Cook on low for 4-8 hours.
NOTE: I would watch how it cooks or use a pop-up timer. I find that my crockpot cooks a lot faster than a few of my friends so I won’t leave the chicken cooking for 8 hours. It will take probably 4-5 for me.
I would love for you to share your pictures and your recipes or alternate recipes that you make. This is probably going to become one of my favorite go to chicken recipes .