Yep, you got that right! Are you the type who is a “realist” or the glass half empty sort of person? Is it time for you to get your attitude in check and get over that nasty attitude of yours? Yeppers!
I had a friend who always had to point out everything that is wrong with an idea because she was a realist and wanted to make sure I was “thinking clearly” on it. Instead of brainstorming all the great ways we could do something, everything would get shot down because it wasn’t doable in her mind. Let me ask, does it make you feel good to make someone else feel bad or less excited about their dreams? Or maybe you just don’t realize you were doing it. Guess what? You do now!
Things that will help you be more positive (yes, you should really try to be more positive):
- Avoid negative people. When you are around negative people, you start to think like them. If you remove or limit your contact with those people you will start to be more happy and more positive
- You choose your reaction. So Sally Sue pissed you off, remember you choose to let her piss you off. You cannot control how they act, but you can control how you react. What is your choice today?
- Stop comparing yourself to others. I would be so sad because we weren’t as far as other people were at our age or as well off and I realized that changed my attitude. Eventually I had to get okay with where I am at and realize that I needed to change myself in order to change my situation, so I’m currently a work in progress
- Before you go to bed, write down what you’re grateful for. Gratitude will get you everywhere. If you truly write down and feel that grateful feeling, you will wake up happier because those happy thoughts would be the last thing you go to bed to.
- Live in the now. The past is in the past and it truly does not define you. My mother told me when I decided to move out of their house and their religion that she wished she would have never had me. If I thought about that every day, I would be entirely worse off now from dwelling on it. Move on, change the definition of yourself. You deserve to live in the now. Enjoy your family, your friends, your kids, etc. Just be…